“We are looking for a new home!”
As your Exclusive Buyer’s Agents, it is my fiduciary responsibility to protect and promote your interests. My responsibilities include providing you with market research, educating you on the current local market conditions, searching and previewing homes that meet your criteria, evaluating options to help you make the right decision, and negotiating on your behalf to get you the best price and terms possible. It is my goal to make the home buying process an easy and enjoyable process! Please take a moment to read what my clients say about our service.
Why use us as your Buyer’s Agent?
1. Buying a home is a complicated process. In most cases, buying or selling a home requires disclosure forms, inspection reports, mortgage documents, insurance policies, deeds, and multi-page government-mandated settlement statements. A knowledgeable guide through this complexity can help you avoid delays or costly mistakes.
2. Agents speak the language. Real estate has its own language. If you do not know a CMA from a PUD, you can understand why it is important to work with someone who speaks that language. Not using an agent to represent you when buying a home is much like going to court without hiring an attorney. There is much you need to know, and my years of experience and success has made me an expert in real estate.
3. Agents can save you money. It is not only about finding a home, you must also consider everything else that is involved: negotiations, option periods, property inspections, lender appraisals, title commitments, etc. Having a professional working for you can save you thousands of dollars and also help you avoid costly mistakes.
4. Agents understand the market and the law. Even if you have bought or sold a home in the past, the market has changed dramatically in the past 6 years. Understanding the market can help save you thousands of dollars. Moreover, laws and regulations change. That is why having an expert on your side is critical.
5. Going directly to the listing agent does NOT save you money. Some buyers believe that if they do not have an agent they will save money. This is not necessarily true! In Ohio, listing agents sign a listing agreement with the seller that specifies their commission. If the buyer has an agent, the commission is shared. If not, the listing agent can keep the entire commission. So you are not saving money. Instead, you are buying a home with NO representation
6. Many real estate websites have inaccurate information. Many consumer websites have incomplete, outdated, or inaccurate information. As agents, I only use the Columbus Board of Realtors’ Multiple Listing Service, the official database of home listings. I can create an auto notification system so that you are notified the minute a new home hits the market. You receive information on homes in Real Time.
7. Agents can refer other qualified professionals. When you are buying a home you may need to use lenders, title companies, appraisers, surveyors, home warranty companies, insurance agencies, attorneys, contractors, moving companies, etc. I will provide you access to my list of professionals to assist you throughout your home buying experience.